Public Banks for our Communities: Building Economic Democracy!
Please accept this invitation to attend our conference on Public Banking, “Public Banks for our Communities: Building Economic Democracy!
“First 100 Registrants Only. Open to the public – suggested donation $10. No one turned away for lack of funds. Refreshments will be served.
Saturday February 11, 2017 from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM MST
First United Methodist Church
1421 Spruce St
Boulder, CO 80302
- Walt McRee – Chair of the Public Banking Institute
- Shara Smith – Chief Operations Officer, Public Banking Institute
- Bob Bows – Founding board member and former Secretary of Public Banking Institute; Chair of Colorado Public Banking
- Earl Staelin – Chair of Rocky Mountain Public Banking Institute, Denver attorney, co-sponsor of state-owned bank ballot initiative for Colorado (primarily with Bob Bows)
- What is a public bank and how does it differ from a private bank?
- What are the many advantages of a city, county, or state having a public bank?
- How can public banks end the “business cycle” of boom and bust and create strong and stable economies?
- How can a public bank strengthen private local community banks and credit unions?
- How do public banks end austerity and create prosperity without raising taxes?
- Current and former examples of successful public banks (Colonial America; Bank of North Dakota, etc.).
- What is the history of Public vs. Private banks in America and abroad?
- What do the city, county, or state do with your money now and what does it cost?
- Public Banking Institute
- Colorado Public Banking
- Colorado Democratic Socialists of America
- Rocky Mountain Public Banking Institute
Thank you for your patience.